Sunday, April 29, 2012

HAND TO PLAY



Racing to find this faceless, shapeless thing called happiness
I can barely breathe
Perhaps if I find the right level and combination of preparedness
Happiness and togetherness is something that I can achieve

I kid myself as no amount of preparedness can prepare me for the unknown
Shaking my head as I thought I had grown past this silly quaking
Lean into God. I chastise myself. Haven’t I grown?
Life is never given. There is no script for taking.

May I hold onto something besides God? Something else I can count on not to change?
No. The answer is no.
Must I live in this place all the time now – where I must allow for the chance of familiar and strange?
That has always been the reality. I just didn’t know.

Oh, Abba here I am once again. I am a woman undone laying at Your feet
How could I have felt so big before?
I feel the urge to admit defeat
I have no idea what is in store

Oh my child – you say to me. That is the point
How could you grow in faith without my stretching plan?
Give me your hands so I may anoint
This is not about just you but about God and man

Once you were a child feeding on milk
Put away childish things
As worms can make beautiful things out of silk
Such wonderful life faith brings

Perhaps one day I will lay down my plan
Today. Tomorrow and the next day
It is enough that I am a trembling woman
But it is not my hand to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment