Monday, May 14, 2012

Don’t Worry Too Much



 Sometimes change whispers in through the subtleties
Before you know it you’re already there – that place you were merely looking forward to before
I thought I stopped making a script a long time ago yet I still rely on the timing of the tide and the crashing of the seas
Part of me still would really like to know ahead of time what is in store

Stepping forward without a plan – exhilarated and free and at the same time my breath caught
No take backs, no looking back
What if it be all for naught?
My heart I beat and my brain I rack

Looking for answers and remembering old dreams
Remember when I had a plan? A terrible plan, but a plan
Faith is hard – it is difficult to move forward without asking “why” or knowing what it means
It’s difficult to just let it go that God is bigger than woman

But I know – I know that God is real and His purpose is true
I know it. I know it and I’ve seen it before
And His best is for me no matter what I do
Whether I go into the ocean or stay on the shore

I know that He sees me and I know that He treasures my heart
I know how He loves me so much
I know that He adored me from the very start
So I guess I shouldn’t worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment