Friday, May 25, 2012

Transitions.

Perhaps the tide has turned
It is time to move forward and I am not sure why
Part of my heart is grieved and I do not know what I have earned
Not sure what makes me want to cry

It always hurts to cut ties with take-backs
No more take-backs. No more wishing on a star
No more blaming others for what I lack
I am who I am simply because of who YOU are

Moving forward is so scary when you don't know what is ahead
Living in the moment I find joy and rest
I can only walk as far as YOU have led
I can only pray for YOUR best

Perhaps the moon is closer and the stars are brighter now
Or perhaps the difference is in my eyes
I'll open up as much as my heart will allow
To see where tenderness lies

Lord, Abba, my Maker, my Healer, my Redeemer, my Friend
Where is the sunrise without Your grace?
Straight, crooked, beginning, end
May YOUR face shine right through my face

No comments:

Post a Comment