Sunday, April 15, 2012

May I?



May I be liberated by my love for you?
This life I choose does not make sense. Often even I am confused.
You gave your life for me. A deed in lieu
And then let me decide whether or not it was used.

Oh how magnificent. How amazing. How divine
How I wrestle with and at the same time bask in your grace
How wonderful that I am yours and you are mine
Too beautiful for me to behold your face

May I cling to you when I am unsure?
When I am afraid and timid when walking on this path?
When I am not sure how much more I can endure?
May I cling to you when faced with your perfect wrath?

Am I your daughter in times of jubilation and in times of tears?
May I call myself part of your untarnished family?
May I never outgrow You in stature or in years?
May I love you without fear, without judgement, without reserve, absolutely?

Will you call me beloved and hold me in your heart and hand?
Yes you will. You will.
Will you keep all of your promises and tell me you understand?
I am sure of it. You will.

May I move forward without looking back, knowing that you are sovereign God?
I can. I will
I think a prior version of me would think me rather odd
Still. I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment