Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beauty For Ashes

Often I wonder what is my place in God's plan. Not because I am trying to be complex or esoteric but because I find His ways so opposite of my ways........and then I remember that it's not a matter of figuring it out so much as in being patient and obedient. This is so hard. Being patient and obedient requires me to sit still and wait - to trust that His silence is better than all of my talking. To trust that His apparent lack of action is better than any of my silly plans.

In times of uncertainty and discomfort I have to remember that He promised me so many things - and He doesn't break promises. He just doesn't.
He promised me freedom from fear. He promised me that He would never leave.
And He promised me Beauty for Ashes.



There must  be more space in God's plan
More space than I have imagined
I have made room in my life to be saturated by both God and man
So long to one corner I have been pinned.

Longing for redemption through vengeance
Perhaps, just perhaps, beauty for ashes is the way
How can I possibly go back to change past circumstance
It is no longer my price to pay

You say that You want to excavate my heart
And make beauty where ashes used to lie
Is it necessary to tear my flesh apart?
So that the way I used to feel can die?

What does redemption look like in Your eyes?
My heart be beautiful to You?
To do away with a lifetime of lies?
In order to learn about what is true?

Lord I am so tired of carrying around a bag filled with ashes
Far too weary for my aching body to hold
I know sometimes I learn in the lines and dashes
Lord I am meek today so please be bold

Isaiah 61:3

No comments:

Post a Comment