Saturday, April 7, 2012

VOWS


It’s as if my brain is on default plan mode
I made so many plans and tucked them away in my heart
Not even silly plans – I thought good plans and just continued to walk down the road
This is where Abba shows me the difference between contrived and art

Love to know what feels safe. Love to go down the road more traveled
Yet still yearning for intimacy and adventure and great mountains to climb
Always so frustrated and at the same time amused to watch my carefully detailed plans be completely unraveled
HE knows what is best. He knows the place. He knows the time.

Today marks a new day. Of redemption. Of healing. Of health. And of decision.
All my life. All the time. Whatever that may mean or call.
Lord all of my years of dedicated learning are absolutely nothing compared to Your size and wisdom
Humbly to my knees today I fall

My vows to You – my marriage – through it all I take You first and everything else after
My vows to You this day of redemption
My vows to You include the decimation of my plan and I promise to adjust to Your laughter
In You there is no condemnation

Day by day. Minute by minute. Living life in raw dependence on You
I know there is no sweeter place to be
From this day forth, Abba, may it be true
That we are married. You and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment