Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Here and Now




You are a stranger to me now
Not sure if I forgot you on purpose or if I barely remember you
The rage that you heaped on me I have to shed somehow
With your empty smile and your fake blond hair you just don’t have a clue

Perhaps it is true that the devil is in the details
For you color your world with broad strokes of falsehoods and quiet lies
I can’t make you admit that if there was ever a coffin you provided the nails
I can’t make you live in world with even ground, lows and highs

I can’t grieve a relationship that was never there
I can’t grieve a cause that was never lost
Your rage plus my rage is far too much for me to bear
Fusion of souls comes at far too high a cost

You say come on home
I am already there
I wonder who is seated on your throne
When in the midst of all of your troubles you stop at me and stare

Perhaps my tears will cleanse my soul
But you must find your own God
I’m on a journey to be made whole
Long ago I left the pod

I wish you could have been my sister
Better than the way you knew how
But you didn’t and burns heal after they blister
I’ve got the here and now.


No comments:

Post a Comment