Monday, April 2, 2012

Tearing Me Apart


I act like it is all about me versus you, good versus evil
Victim versus Perpetrator
It’s just not that simple
If life were that easy I wouldn’t be haunted, I wouldn’t struggle, wouldn’t wish for any other time instead of now……..later God, later!

Inextricably linked for my entire life. Side by side in emotional bondage, in sexual commonality, in shared pain
If I am  free where does that leave you?


And where do I go from here? Who am I without this crimson stain?
What if I actually believe that the lies are not true?

It is not as easy as me versus you
If I leave you and let you go I have to look at myself as well
It’s not as easy as what I am supposed to do
It’s what I am being called to let go of – not anything priced out, nothing left to sell

My Abba says priceless and I argue tainted and shamed
Being truthful about self-loathing is part of the process?
My Abba says free and I argue ugly and chained
I never wanted to look at this stuff again and yet here it is in my face – just asking for release and progress

The reality is that it has already been claimed and no longer belongs to me
Why do I hold on to it with such fierceness and tenacity?
Abba You ask me to be somebody that maybe I don’t want to be
You ask me to keep walking when I don’t have clarity
Obedience without having any idea what is next
And valuing my privacy You ask me to be transparent with a bleeding heart
You ask me to be blunt when I want to live in subtext
Oh, Abba………you are tearing me apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment