Saturday, August 13, 2011

WONDERING



Wondering if You can see the same stars that I can see
Wondering what You see when You pierce my soul
Uncertain if there is reality between You and me

Wondering if I even noticed when I became whole
You took my heart in Your hands and Your breathed on it and made it Your own
I can’t believe that I am here from where I began
I stand in awe at the beauty of Your throne
I trade my life for the miracle of Your plan

Wondering at the way that You treasure me and hold me in such high regard
I long to see myself in Your esteem
I have such a story to tell but I wonder if I am a bard
Sometimes I wonder if Your grace is a dream

Wondering, wondering, wondering – You are so far beyond my comprehension
So big beyond my eyes and so complex beyond my fumbling words
You took my life and led me in a new direction
Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy and You are absurd

Wondering what my life means outside my definitions and resting in only Your amorphous paradigm
Forging a path for my life that means only following the lamp and not my intuition
Throwing out the old to make room for new wine
May I always be prepared to accept your peace and restoration.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow. The repetition of wondering...and the hook at the beginning. "Wondering if I even noticed when I became whole."

    So.good.

    ReplyDelete