Tuesday, August 9, 2011

TO GUARD MY HEART FOR MY OWN SAKE

I would like to pretend that you just hated me
But that would make it too simple, too linear, I would have to ignore the complexities of your heart
Wouldn’t it just be easier if it were all about me?
Oh, I just wasn’t good enough, I was manipulative, my sexuality tore us apart

No, no, no I have to see past the lies that put the story into little boxes in my mind
And look at the truth that forces the dormant tears from my eyes
Ten additional years of the same types of games put you in quite the emotional bind
You were oh, so good at the half-truths and the half-lies

Is it possible that you loved me and at the same time refused me?
Can I wrap my mind around darts unintentionally thrown?
Was I asking you to be someone that you just couldn’t be?
Are you far too timid to make a relationship your own?

With whom are you cheating now?
Tell me, Damnit! Tell me – what is your status on emotional fidelity?
I know you like to pretend that we were just a beer and never a vow
But did you ever take a single moment – even a second – to stare at reality?

Sometimes you make me feel so sad and sometimes so bitter
Most of the time I wonder if you just continually hide behind your charm and every have any idea of hurricane called YOU and the wreckage of stupid women in its wake
Whatever your intentions I am so incredibly sick of picking up your discarded emotional litter
It’s time to guard my heart for my own sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment