Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I AM WHO I AM

Oh Abba – I cannot rest. I struggle with the call you have placed on my life
I want to be your servant, your child – I am just at the end of myself with strife
Why do I doubt You? What makes me think that You are cruel and lying?
My heart is beating and my head is pounding and my eyes are crying

Part of me is terrified because I know that I know that you speak the truth
Part of me believes that when I ask for bread You will hand me a snake
Yet I continue to walk in Your footsteps and I echo the words of Ruth
Whatever You want to give I want to take

Abba I am so confused and I am so scared and I feel like I just feel from a great distance into the sea
And You are the only way by which I can swim
Let it be well with my soul, Abba, let me give up my life completely unto thee
Wash me clean of my wickedness, of my sin

Abba, I am so exhausted yet I cannot rest
I need YOU so badly – there is none but you
My body, mind and spirit have been put to the test
I find that failure is the right answer – desperate need of my Abba is seeking what is true

Abba, Abba, Abba please save me from my misery
Bring me joy that can only be found from your perfect plan
Illuminate this mystery
There is no burning bush for me – just I AM WHO IAM

No comments:

Post a Comment