Tuesday, August 9, 2011

PHOTOGRAPHING EVERYTHING, SEEING NOTHIGN

How is it that you photograph everything and yet see nothing?

How does a child get lost in a crowd when there is no crowd?
How can you blame me for having an empty hand when you gave me nothing to bring?
How can you turn a deaf ear when I scream so loud?

You filmed for hours yet when I looked the tape was blank
Just like the look in your eyes
What can I possibly take to the bank
When you give me a snake for my cries?

A child knows nothing about his or her worth
Until you tell him so
A child is defined by love at birth
At that is all he or she will know

How can you deprive a child of something so simple as your heart?
Now when you look at me, do you love me even now?
Don’t you know you have the power to rip a child apart?
You can never return to childhood once you have taken a blow

Worthless, stupid, doe-eyed kid without guile
Emotional whip, sexual toy
Do what you want and the hell with morale
No value for this little girl or little boy

Where is the rage? Who cries for us?
Who stands up and says that this cannot continue?
At what point does minus turn into a plus?
And what the hell are we supposed to do?

When do you stop photographing everything and seeing nothing
Through what lens are you looking?
See something! Do something! Be somebody! Is there a time and a place to end suffering?
Give a voice to one who is desperately seeking

No comments:

Post a Comment