Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wait and See

I twist and turn and my heart is divided
My passion is pitted against my fear
Was there ever a time in history when heaven and human collided?
Oh Lord, cause a curve in my heart that dies to be linear

If you call me I am sure I will answer....
Or will I find a way to pretend you never called?
I struggle and hid behind my own self-doubt and I'm certain it doesn't make this process go any faster
I'm terrified, Abba, that if You pull at my thread I will start to unwind and find out that I don't have a court or even a ball

What do You want from me? What do You want from me? What do You want from me?
I scream into the night
I try wrapping my mind around the idea that I must submit in order to be free
That first there was dark and then there was light

It is an old refrain, yet finds a way to be relevant and new
"I decrease so that He may increase."
I'm just not sure what to do
So that the tentacles of my old, worn-out plan will cease

Control is death to a growing sapling
And Lord, I want to be Your tree
I am really not sure what is happening
Lord, please give me the gift of "wait and see."

No comments:

Post a Comment