Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just Another Day


Is vulnerability and transparency fodder for ridicule?
The one who seeks to kill may not be very smart but he has the trick of repetition down very well
My old paradigms pound at my skull and bray at me with the stubbornness of a mule
When does the new become the normal? Shifting minds, shifting hearts, shifting spirit – only time will tell

My God is so big and His universe is so expansive – it’s almost like I never knew before today
I never saw things as so great and the possibilities as so endless
I am so amazed at YOUR grace and YOUR power and YOUR mercy and YOUR goodness Abba – I don’t even know what to say
I truly don’t know why my spirit struggles against You when in Your arms I long to rest

Father – one thing I pledge to You forever  as I lay down my life once more
I will not go back and choose my own way
Honoring You, Loving You, and Serving YOU, my Abba, is MY CHANCE to even the score
Teach me how to serve You. Teach me how to seek You. Teach me how to pray.

One day my strife for perfection will be replaced by the twinkle in Your eyes
One day my bitterness will be melted by Your miracle
Some day, maybe tomorrow, my hands will be Your hands to touch a soul that cries
Abba, Your dance is all things beautiful, interesting, abstract, straightforward and lyrical

Today is just another day of mine that belongs to You
Just another day, Abba What would you like me to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment