Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Closing Time

Inside out I turn all of the factors around and around in my head
What did he say? What did she say? What does everybody around me think?
What would happen if I decided to look to You instead
I'll tell you what - it would look a whole lot more real - and this ship called denial would start to sink


Oh, Lord - tell me - how did I ever think that I knew You before today?
How did I ever think that You were so small?
How did I ever think that this is about whether I go or whether I stay?
Abiding in You is synonymous with responding to Your call

"Closing time. I don't have to go home but I can't stay here."
Sometimes the implications of obedience are a little more scary than anticipated
Yet the walk is not divided and the call is not unclear
It's just that my spirit is a little more berated

Oh, Lord - I'm not even sure I want to know
Anything beyond the next five minutes
I don't covet your script - this is Your show
You have the special ability to stretch me way beyond my limits

May I be simple in my request?
Never, never leave me
I cannot do this alone, not even at my best
If You promise to stay by my side, I won't beg You to leave me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment