Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stamp on My Life

You have placed a stamp on my life
And I am forever Yours
If we are the church and I am Your wife
I trust You to open all the doors

How can I ever run from Your eternal promise
How can I go back once You have laid claim to me?
No longer a wanderlust, no longer hit or miss
Can't claim death once You have claimed eternity

Centered on the way You never move
Pulling on Your faithfullness and truth
Wearing into Your words like a wheel into a groove
Releasing the foundations of my old youth

So tired of what used to be called fame
Beauty and accolades fall on exhausted ears
I can scarcely remember how to play the old game
Oh blessed, cathartic tears

Desperately I cling to You
No longer just an hour but a lifetime of need
I look at You to know what is true
Your plant. Your water. Your sunshine. Your seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment