Monday, March 26, 2012

Let Your Heaven Live On Earth

 
This is the end of a lifetime of begging to be second rate
Of apologizing for things I didn’t do
For taking on more things than I can fit on my plate
Biting off more than I can chew

A lifetime of hiding behind other persons and things
And saying sorry just for being me
It boils and brews and I can hardly contain the anger it brings
My skin peels off of my face and suddenly there is somebody else who – before I just couldn’t see

How I’ve hidden my face to hide what you did to me
Why has it been all of this time that I have been so ashamed?
It’s you that should be hiding in misery
I am not the one to be blamed

Oh Abba I am just undone and totally, utterly, completely at the end of myself
How can I bemoan being healthy, sanctified and clean
A new beginning and a new perspective and feelings that I didn’t even know that I felt
Is this how it feels to be redeemed?

Sometimes all that it takes to see reality is to take the scales off of my own eyes
Why have I allowed the scales for so long?
Forgiveness is a double miracle – both for me and the ones I despise
To refuse to ask is the only way to go wrong

Oh Abba seal my heart and let me stand on Your head
That I may know my worth
Put my self-loathing and my shame to bed
Let Your Heaven live on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment