Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What Colors, What Hue

Walking forward and ahead
First instinct may not be correct
You say come to Me and I'll carry your burden instead
My yoke is easy and my intentions are never suspect

Making a decision to cut off the demons of my past
you may no longer walk next to me and feed me lies
Sometimes the connections forged so fast
Can be the longest lasting goodbyes

You say I know you and treasure you from the inside out
Why on earth would I choose lust over love
May I stand on Your promises even when my soul is wracked with doubt?
With Your mighty hand will You trace my tattoo of a dove?

May I find sanctuary in Your holy presence?
This world whirls around me at a frenzied, histrionic pace
When things are moving and just don't make sense
Lord all I want to see is Your face

Just root my heart in all that is You
So I can find a solid place to call home
I have no idea what is next - what colors You will paint my life - not even what hue
But I cling desperately to Your Throne

No comments:

Post a Comment