Monday, August 6, 2012

THE POWER TO FORGIVE



Today is a brand new day, today is just beginning
I can barely breathe
I’m not really sure what is going on but I can tell that You are winning
Lord send me and a new dream you will weave

Perhaps a different woman woke up today, perhaps something was born out of great pain
Perhaps light breaks forth from darkness
Today I feel like I have everything to gain
If I could only find a quiet place to rest

Life can change in just an instant so why not go all in – no reservations, no holding back – no take-backs
Lord, my name is tattooed on Your heart
I am standing here and for the first time I have no plan of attack
I don’t have a place to end and I don’t have a place to start

You know the first and the last and You have the answers to the prayers I didn’t dare utter with my whispered breath
You see to the deepest core of my being
You forge my path from here to there – You define height and depth
Yet sometimes I doubt the words I sing

I can only be human one hundred percent of the time
That is all I have to give
I’m so thankful that you have rhythm and rhyme
And you have the power to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment