Thursday, June 21, 2012

God Given Zen


Changes whispers through life and before you know it everything looks different
The unknown is ahead and the you don’t recognize what just happened - at some point control was forsaken
Perhaps it never existed…perhaps I thought that fantasy was heaven-sent
Perhaps it is no longer even my choice which road is to be taken

I lay at the foot of the cross and I ask God why
Why did You suffer for me so that I could fight You at every turn of Your perfect plan?
Sometimes I hear beautiful people’s awful stories and it makes me want to cry
Makes me wonder where I can find the justice of Your hand.

Juxtaposed and yet so simple
Is my silly human heart
I fight You and yet I love You so fiercely
Lord, You are dance, You are beauty, You are art

How many times can I lay down my life to submit to You?
Over and over and over again
Learning the same lessons and struggling to discover something new
And rest in Your God-given zen

No comments:

Post a Comment